Monday, June 18, 2012

League Update

As I said in my initial post, I'm not a very inspired writer. If someone wants in on writing the damn updates, I'd be glad to have your help.

The nonsense
Your Dear Commissioner has seen a collapse as equally meteoric as the early season rise and is now fighting for position in the middle of the pack in the Posey Eater division. This is due largely to a healthy presence on the DL list (pun intended) from such players as Lance Berkman, Evan Longoria, Brandon McCarthy, Vance Worley and Roy Hallady. And lets face it. I'd probably be better off if they shut down the Freak.  That said, I've fought my way back to a tie in second place in the Posey division.

The Altrup conglomeration has risen from initial irrelevance to take the top spots in the Posey Division.  They slightly amazing thing about this is that between the two Altrups, each only leads the the league in ONE individual stat category; Tyler in ERA and Nick in saves. I guess perfect is the enemy of good, huh? This was the scene at the most recent Altrup family reunion:


As for the Beaver division, Eric and Graham are locked in race to clinch the tougher of the two divisions. Said Eric to Graham:

The big winner this week was Stasek (Steve), who laid a beat down on Tyler. KMOV has exclusive footage of his Sunday night celebration.

Team to watch:
1st place in K's. 2nd in ERA, WHIP and RBI, but last in his division is Chris. Don't count him out yet. His luck just may turn around soon and find him in the mix. Don't be surprised if he takes his division.


Danger Zone
Without a doubt, Matt is in the danger zone. He's using the Tom Davis "No-Save" Strategy from years past, which doesn't appear to be serving Matt any better than it did Tom. Admittedly, with Matt Kemp and Chris carpenter on the DL, there's a lot of upside to his team that we're not seeing.
Until next time, screw you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors