1 Team America
While not leading the league in any individual category, Nick has managed to buoy to the top of the standings. His triumphant rise to the top will no doubt be short lived as Stasek will no doubt soon overtake him.
2 El Derecho
Steve spent most of the first half of the season bitching about pitching limits, but somehow managed to find time to set his lineup. Responsible for 50% of the biggest trade seen this season thus far, our resident communist sympathizer is poised to overtake Nick in their upcoming matchup in this two team race for first.
3. Richard Cheddar
Let's face it. Even Mark was surprised he stayed atop the standings as long as he did. He's still a lock for the playoffs, but there's no guarantee he'll make it out of the first round alive.
4. Columbia Pill Pushers
Long picked by the commissioner to be the league champion in 2013, Matt's started to the year with more keepers than the rest of the league combined. (Note to self: fact check that before publishing). Matt's poised for great things given his heavy leverage in the Matt Carpenter/Miggy/Yadi trio. Matt started off strong, but has rapidly been sinking.
5. The Avengers
Chris has managed to stay competitive despite relatively few roster moves. The transaction counter shows that he's made 18 adds (7th overall) but 418 activations (1st by a long shot).
6. Me
Somehow, I'm still around. 1/2 of my squad is waiting to be suspended for cheating. My first round pick has been a total bust. I passed on the reigning tripple crown winner on the notion that Braun's SB contribution would be more valuable than Cabrera's marginally better bat. But I've had a decent showing in the first half from some of my risky later picks like Iwakuma and Myers. On the fence between Marlin-ing my non-keeper talent and getting ready for my fantasy football draft or trying to win it all. To my credit, I have won 3 of the last four weeks.
7. Mr. Debenport's Oracles
Chris Davis is a beast. It's been incredible watching him play this year. However, his HRs alone can't get you there. No use for a one trick pony.
8. Lana (fuck you I'm not spelling it out).
No one could be more ready for a four day break than Tyler who won't be inconvenienced by having to set his roster until Saturday. (Shh. Play along). I hate playing Tyler because he has Beltran and wouldn't trade me for Beltran when I was selling off last year.
9. The Dark Side
I think Eric will be the first to tell you that getting kicked around by his little brother is not how he intended this year to go. Here's a preview of what I intend to do to him in our upcoming matchup.
10. Enshrine 99
Rough year. What can you say.






No comments:
Post a Comment