Good Picks (not including keepers)
Ryan Zimmerman - 4th round (CPP). David Wright went a round earlier. Hard to believe he'll have a better year than Zim.
A-Rod - 8th round (Tulo). Unbelievable value here if he stays healthy.
Desmond Jennings - 9th round (Richard Cheddar). I took Carl Crawford in the 6th round. Jennings will probably have the better year. I wanted Jennings and had him queued up when he was drafted. I ended up with Jason Heyward instead.
JJ Hardy - 10th round (Avengers). Chris got a 30-HR SS in the 10th round. Wow.
Aramis Ramirez - 10th round (Tyler). Getting Zimmerman in the 4th round is nice. Getting A-Ram in the 10th is ridiculous. Have you seen what this guy did last year?
Johan Santana - 17th round (Team America). How the heck did I get this guy in the 17th? By all accounts, he is healthy again and ready to go. Will he be the Johan in his prime? No. But I'll take his post-peak in the 17th, thank you very much.
Bryce Harper - 23rd round (CPP). Best prospect in baseball. Why in the world did I take Mike Trout in the 19th round when I could have taken Harper? Sure, he probably won't get much PT this year for the Nats...but who cares!?!? This guy is going to go balls-deep in the league in 2013. At least Trout is the 2nd best prospect in baseball.
Yoenis Cespedes - 25th round (Avengers). Who knows what this guy will do? But you have to love the upside potential in this guy, and he got him in the 25th round.
Embarrassingly Shitty Picks
Jimmy Rollins - 5th round (Dark Side). You'd rather have him than Starlin Castro? Ok...
Jonathan Papelbon - 7th round (Tulo). First of all, who picks a closer in the 7th round? Second of all, who picks Papelbon over Rivera? This pick sucks.
Drew Storen - 8th round (Dick Cheddar). This guy wasn't even the closer to start 2012. Closers are notoriously volatile. I bet you drafted Neal Rackers in the 3rd round in your 2009 fantasy football draft. Horrible. They guy is good but COME ON HE IS A CLOSER.
Every other closer pick before the 15th round. Stupid. Now I can stop ranting about stupid closers.
Michael Cuddyer - 11th round (Tyler). Terrible. I don't care that he's hitting at Coors.
Drew Stubbs - 12th round (Dark Side). This guy was borderline waiver-wire fodder last year, and I'm pretty sure he had the year of his life. Sucks. Can't make contact. Candidate for 200 strikeouts, despite average power.
Shaun Marcum - 13th round (Mike). Arm ready to fall off. Could have had Jamie Garcia. Shitty.
Emilio Bonafacio - 15th round (Graham). Regrettable. Waiver fodder.
Matt Capps - 18th round (Dark Side). Thank you for not taking Carlos Marmol, who I took one pick later. Much obliged.
That's it. Did anyone watch the season opener today? Oakland-Seattle in Japan? I had no idea it was even happening. Way to fuck up the season opener, MLB. Idiots. Although after looking at those two lineups I think I'm glad I missed it. Wow those are some UGLY lineups.
No comments:
Post a Comment